At UVA, our spine specialists devise a treatment plan tailored to your needs. Many of our treatments don’t require surgery. If you do need surgery, we offer a full range of options, from minimally invasive outpatient surgery procedures to complex spinal reconstruction.
Specialists Working for You
Your primary care doctor may be able to treat your back and neck pain with medications or physical therapy, including back exercises. However, if the pain persists, your doctor may refer you to the Spine Center.
No matter your course of treatment, the specialists at UVA will work with your referring physician.
Learn more about the spine conditions we treat.
We perform over 1,500 spine procedures a year.
Our spine specialists have extensive training and experience in procedures, including:
- Cervical and lumbar disc replacement (discectomy)
- Minimally invasive procedures such as microendoscopic decompression or fusion
- Complex spine surgery for deformities
Learn more about the spine care we offer.
A Multidisciplinary Approach
Treating spinal disorders requires a multidisciplinary approach. Your care team may include:
- Orthopedic surgeons
- Pain management specialists
- Neuromuscular specialists
- Physical medicine and rehabilitation specialists
- Physical, occupational and massage therapists