Pituitary (Neuroendocrine) Program
Pituitary Tumor Program
At UVA, we see patients with pituitary tumors from all over the world. For more than 20 years, we've led the field in developing new treatments for pituitary tumors.
We also work to make your experience here as convenient as possible. Patients are seen by neuroendocrinologists and neurosurgeons in the same visit at the same time.
We offer something that isn't offered at most other hospitals: Next-day surgery without delays for some patients. The schedule:
- Before you arrive: We review your medical records and MRIs
- Wednesday: We conduct any testing you need; then a surgeon and an endocrinologist examine you and discuss options with you and your family
- Thursday: You come to the hospital for surgery
Call about seeing the experts at the Pituitary Clinic.
Expertise at UVA
Pituitary gland tumors aren't cancer, but they do require timely, effective treatment. Whether you need medication or surgery, we offer care from pituitary doctors who are experts in the field.
The pituitary gland makes hormones that affect the way many parts of the body work. It also controls hormones made by other glands in the body. When it comes to pituitary gland tumors, over 99 percent are benign and curable.
Learn more about pituitary tumors and treatments.
An Experienced Pituitary Team
UVA surgeons and endocrinologists some of the most experienced pioneers in their field:
- Our doctors handle hundreds of cases, specializing in pituitary tumors.
- They also pioneered the use of new procedures and medications that are used around the world.
When treating your condition, we bring together a team of unmatched expertise, including endocrinologists, interventional neuroradiologists, neuro-ophthamologists, neuropathologists and neuro-oncologists.