Peripheral Nerve Surgery
If your peripheral nerve problems require surgery, our neurosurgeons and neurologists work to ensure a successful surgery and fast recovery.
Our neurosurgeons and neurologists work with caregivers in fields that include:
- Physical medicine and rehabilitation
- Pain management
- Orthopedic surgery
Our multidisciplinary team treats peripheral nerve conditions, such as:
- Schwannomas and neurofibromas
- Brachial plexus injuries
- Ulnar or peroneal nerve compression
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
Do You Need Peripheral Nerve Surgery?
Before we consider surgery or other treatment options, our doctors use the latest testing options to determine the best treatment.
Tests often include:
- EMG and nerve conduction studies
Depending on the type of nerve condition you have, your surgical options may include:
- Carpal tunnel release (surgery for carpal tunnel syndrome)
- Internal and external neurolysis for the management of scars
- Surgical revision of painful neuromas
- Excision of nerve sheath tumors
- Surgical exploration of complex or scarred nerve injuries
- Nerve grafting for repair