Our neurosurgeons, neurologists, interventional neuroradiologists and neuropsychologists assess and treat neurological conditions. From Alzheimer’s and other neurodegenerative diseases to Parkinson’s disease and brain and pituitary tumors, UVA has the experience that can make a difference in your treatment.
At UVA, we treat a variety of neurological conditions. Our areas of focus include:
- Alzheimer's, Parkinson's disease and other debilitating conditions : Focusing on
- Neuro-oncology: With Icon, the latest technology in Gamma Knife radiosurgery
- Pediatric neurosciences: Expertise in treating neurological disease in children
- Spine center: A personalized, conservative approach
- Stroke center: Evaluation and treatment of cerebral aneurysms, intercranial hemorrhages, vascular malformations, carotid artery disease and more
- Peripheral nerve surgery: Focusing on carpal tunnel syndrome, thoracic outlet syndrome and other nerve conditions
- Neurocritical care: Care for critically ill patients with brain damage or those who are recovering from brain or spine surgery
At UVA, we have some of the top neurologists, neurosurgeons and neuropsychologists in Virginia. We use the latest technologies and a team-based approach to care.
- Neurologists: Diagnose and treat neurological disorders and work with your primary doctor to manage your condition
- Neuropsychologists: Evaluate memory and cognitive functioning to inform diagnosis and treatment
- Neurosurgeons: Specialize in surgical treatments for neurological conditions
Research, Training, & Residency at the School of Medicine
As a teaching hospital, UVA trains and teaches the next generation of doctors. We're also at the forefront of research to find treatments for the most challenging conditions.
Learn more about the teaching and research side of UVA Neurosciences and Behavioral Health Center.